Sunday, December 25, 2011

Dec 20th, Kalaw, Olli

I was really lucky with my flights to Bangkok. On the first flight I didn't have anyone sitting next to me and on the connecting I got to the first row. My first night in Bangkok was also good, I spent a fun night with some other travellers. On saturday I flew to Burma.

Somehow I immediately felt like being in Burma when I stepped out of the plane. I didn't find my luggage, and there was no sign indicating where I should find it. When asking for help, people were friendly all right, but they just kept sending you to the next person until you were talking again to the same person with whom you started to. And finally the bag just appeared somewhere. Next thing that happened was a power failure. All the electricity went off just like that. First time when the flash light was useful, for sure not the last one.

I didn't have any reservations for accommodation, and it was surprisingly difficult to find a room. I spent a lot of time finding a room with an american guy I met in the plane. Finally we did manage to find one, I think it was maybe the sixth place we went to.

The next day we took a night bus to Kalaw, which took 11 hours. The bus was ok, even though the roads were pretty bad. Almost during the whole trip they played (very loud) popular western songs singed in some asian languages. At some point it started to annoy a little bit.. We arrived in Kalaw at 2 am as promised, and found immediately a nice place to stay. So everything was going fine. Until after sleeping maybe for two hours the shit hit the fan. After that I spent the next 15 hours running between my bed and toilet. I am still feeling really bad after all the puking and can't eat or drink anything. I was going to hike to Inle Lake tomorrow, but it seems like I have to change my plans a bit..

No comments:

Post a Comment