Monday, December 26, 2011

Dec 24th, Inle Lake, Olli

Yesterday was a really fantastic day. I rented bikes with the Canadian and Turkish guys, and we spent the day driving around the lake. We didn't have any very strict plans, so everytime we heard or saw something interesting, we went to see what it was. That led us for example to a wedding seremony rehearsal, where we found ourselves dancing with the locals and afterwards they invited us to have lunch with them in a monastery. The table was full of food and they just brought more and more all the time. Lovely people. We also visited another monastery and a school. We also went to some hot springs, and in the evening we took a boat back when it was already totally dark. We only hit one other boat so it went pretty well. After returning to hotel we went to a traditional Burmese massage, which was quite interesting. I felt a lot of pain, but it was still quite good. Four euros for an hour of massage..





Today has not been a good day. I spent the night in the toilet again and in the morning I had a high fever. Once again, I haven't been able to eat anything. I don't know why. Maybe it was because yesterday for the first time I was feeling good and ate a lot in the evening. Anyway, I decided to skip the 16-hour long bus trip back to Yangon and bought plane tickets for tomorrow instead. If I feel like this tomorrow I think I'm going to see a doctor, just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment